well, what can i say. the LORD is good. There was such a great turn out of people who wanted to be apart of the transformation of the inner city. i want to thank those who came out and made such a wonderful impact. and of course all of you who brought bagels, cookies, and drinks…you are all awesome…thank you so much.
We all got there around 9am and began working. Here are some of the projects that we did:
- built flower planters (that we may have some life down on the streets)
- started to clean out the sanctuary area- picture of the sanctuary area in the beginning stages
- built door frames around the new doors
- mowed the 2 acres next to us as well as the area on the other corner- aaron on the mower
- picked up tons of trash- cleaning the field next to the building
- cut down a tree
- cleaned out the alley in the back- cleaning the alley
- put in more counter tops
- cleaned kitchens, toilets and floors- cleaning a kitchen
- set up beds and mattresses
- fellowshipped with others
- and most importantly, came down into the area that was once dark and is now light
that is what i believe is the most important about all of this. it isn’t just enough to pick up trash, but to shine your light before men, that they may see your good deeds. this is a part in the transforming of the streets.
you can find more pics from this day over on the right sidebar…