I am not sure what all of this means, but it seems like the Refuge is picking up speed. There has been an ever increasing demand for this building as many groups have been wanting to come and use the building.
So far here is what is going on:
- Sundays: Open for now
- Monday: A group has reserved the room for a prayer night for a discipleship group who has been meeting for a year or so. They are concluding their year long deal with prayer in the inner city.
- Tuesday: Open for now
- Wednesday: A couple of Wednesdays a month, there are several house churches who are using it for prayer, worship, or feeding the homeless. Last week, a new group came down to BBQ. They asked if they had enough. I said, you will never have enough. I was right and so they went and got more. It was neat to see God use them. This was spurred by someone driving a couple of weeks ago under the freeway and wanting to do this.
- Thursdays: A college groups is praying about using this as their place of venue for prayer, worship, and the teaching of God’s Word. Can’t wait to see what God does with this “Joshua Generation”
- Fridays: A group is using it every other Friday night. They have been meeting for a while rotating nights of prayer/worship and the other week in the study of God’s Word. The Refuge is going to give them an outlet to apply what they have been waiting for. This is a great group. Last time they were there, they were praying and worshipping until about 1am. Pretty fun to watch. Especially, with the building just a few months ago being a crack house/prostitution house.
- Saturdays: These have been regular work days and is now a Bible study night. A Spanish pastor from Los Angeles (Jose who has been here for about a year) has been leading this group in worship, prayer, and feeding the hungry.
- Sundays: This day is still open for now
My desire is that this building be used every day by those who want to fulfill the great commission. I can’t wait to see all the disciples that get won on this street.